Welcome to the fall semester Biology! This week be sure to check out some fun graduate student events, as well as some seminars which are starting up this week!
Wednesday (Sept. 7)
– 10am the Resource Fair for Graduate Students will be occurring in CIBC Hall, 3rd floor of the Student Centre!
– @ 12:30pm the EEB seminar series will be having Dr. Ben Evans present on “Macaque speciation, sex chromosome evolution, and gene flow in the Sulawesi island, Indonesia” in LSB 213A! Learn more about Dr. Evan’s work here!
– @ 3pm the Biology TA Meeting for new and returning Biology TAs will be held in the LSB lounge!
– @ 3:30pm the Physics and Astronomy Colloquium will be having Dr. Ralph Pudritz (McMaster U) present on “Connecting the orbital and structural properties of exoplanets with their formation” in ABB 102! Learn more about this presentation here and Dr. Pudritz’s work here!
Thursday (Sept. 8)
– @ 10am the Teaching and Learning Forum will be occurring in CIBC hall on the 3rd floor of the Student Centre!
– @ 11am the GSA Free BBQ will start at the Phoenix!
Have a great week Biology, and be sure to keep your eyes peeled for other exciting events and seminars this week!
Hey Biology! This week read about the different research approaches the Weretilnyk lab uses and check out the fun seminar below!
Wednesday (July 20) – @ 4pm a Special Biology seminar will be occurring with Dr. Jose Lopez-Barneo (University of Seville) on “Oxygen sensing and stem cells in the carotid body: Role in adaptation to hypoxia” in HSC 4E20! Learn more about Dr. Lopez-Barneo’s work here!
Keep an eye out for other exciting events and have a great week!
Here they Biology! Hope you had a great Canada Day long weekend! This week be sure to check out July’s lab of the month featuring the Weretilnyk lab and what they study! Also, be sure to keep an eye out for exciting events happening this week!
Wednesday (July 6) – @ 10am a special Biology seminar by Dr. Jyoti Shah (U North Texas) on “Plant-pest interaction: A tug-of-war for supremacy” will be happening in LSB 212A!
Have a great week Biology!
Hey Biology! Not too many events are happening this week, but be sure to check out:
Tuesday (June 28) – from 12-3pm the BGSS will be hosting a Fun in the Sun Fundraiser on the LSB patio! Come out for cool beverages ($1-2) and treats ($2-3)!
Friday (July 1) – HAPPY CANADA DAY!
And be sure to keep your eyes peeled for other exciting events happening this week!
Hey there Biology! Here are a few events happening this week you may be interested in!
Wednesday (June 22) – @ 12:30pm WISE will be holding their Mentor of the Month program with Dr. Sandra Monteiro presenting on “Finding work-life balance in academia – A personal story of success” in ETB 535! Learn more about this presentation and sign up to attend here!
Friday (June 24) – @ noon the Biology of Aging seminar series will be having Dr. Leslie MacNeil (McMaster U) present on “Gut reaction: Why the microbiome is so vital to your brain” in MDCL 3024! Be sure to get there by 11:45 to pick up some pizza and beverages!
Have a great week Biology and be sure to keep your eyes peeled for other exciting seminars happening on campus!
Hey fellow Biologists! This week be sure to read about why you don’t see the Chow-Fraser lab around LSB in the summer, and don’t forget to check out the exciting event happening this week!
Monday (April 18) – The Spring Water Forum kicks off today for it’s week long Big Ideas, Better Cities showcase! Starting at 2pm Dr. Patrick Ray (U Massachusetts) will be presenting on “Confronting climate uncertainty in water resource planning and project design”!
Check out their website for more details and all the events that are happening this week!
Have a great week Biology!